How to submit abstract
Guidelines for abstracts and submission
You are kindly invited to submit abstracts on research that you wish to present as a free paper during the meeting, either orally or as a poster. Please read the following guidelines carefully before submitting an abstract.
Abstracts must be submitted online on the Congress website. Abstracts sent by e-mail, post or fax will not be accepted. During abstract submission, please indicate whether you would like oral or poster presentation. All submissions will be evaluated by the scientific committee, who will select abstracts for oral or poster presentation (abstracts not accepted for oral presentation will be accepted for poster presentation).
Accepted abstracts will be published in the conference app.
- Abstracts must be submitted no later than March 2nd 2018.
- Notification of acceptance (oral or poster) will be given by April 3rd 2018, at the latest.
Guidelines for submission of abstracts
- Presenting authors must register for the conference for acceptance of abstract.
- Please indicate if you wish that your submission should be evaluated for Best Basic Science Presentation or Best Clinical Science Presentation, both for young researchers (below 40 years of age at the time of the conference – it is mandatory to present passport or birth certificate before the oral presentation, if selected for one of the prize sessions). A prize of 1000 Euro will be given in each of 2 categories.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Titles should be entered in the “Title” field (not as part of the abstract) and should contain no more than 100 characters including spaces.
- Please select a topic that in your opinion best fits your work:
- Cochlear implantation
- Bone anchored hearing systems
- Middle ear implants
- Otitis media
- Middle ear mechanics
- Middle ear ventilation
- Vestibular schwannoma
- Otitis media complications
- Inner ear anatomy
- Menieres disease
- Abstract text should be entered in the “abstract text” and the system will not allow you to enter more than 2000 characters. Abstracts cannot contain tables or figures.
- Authors’ names and institutions should be entered in the appropriate fields. The following data is needed for the “institution” field – name of the institution, department, city and country.
- The abstract should be informative, containing:
- study objectives
- Abstracts should not contain references.
- Single space all text and do not leave blank lines. Use standard abbreviations. Place a special or unusual abbreviation in parenthesis after the full word the first time it appears. Use generic names of drugs and write numbers as numerals rather than words.
Abstracts, that do not conform with the above guidelines, will not be accepted.
CONTACT ABSTRACT MANAGEMENT
TEL +31 20 575 4220