Modern research and teaching facilities are necessary to attract and retain the best researchers and students in fierce international competition. The Maersk Towers offers up-to-date biomedical laboratory facilities, classrooms, auditoriums, a new canteen, a new bicycle cellar and a new, stylish main entrance.
Facts about The Maersk Tower
- The Maersk Tower has a floor space of 42,700 square metres.
- The Maersk Tower is 15 floors or 75 metres tall from street level. It is slightly taller than Rigshospitalet’s helipad at 71 metres.
- The tower is mainly intended for research laboratories, classrooms and auditoriums, canteen and bicycle cellar. 12 of the floors contain modern research laboratories and offices.
- Address (Main Entrance): Blegdamsvej 3B , 2200 Copenhagen N.
- 7,700 square meters of the old Panum have been demolished to make room for the new building and the new main square facing Blegdamsvej.
- With the Maersk Tower the total floor space of Panum has increased from 105,000 to 140,000 square metres.
- The building has bicycle parking for 2,350 bicycles: 950 under cover in the basement and 1,400 in the campus park.
- The building contains three, ultramodern auditoriums, giving the students the best possible physical surroundings. The largest auditorium seats 504.